• Constrain Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring into a narrow compass; to compress.
- (v. t.) To violate; to ravish.
- (v. t.) To hold back by force; to restrain; to repress.
- (v. t.) To produce in such a manner as to give an unnatural effect; as, a constrained voice.
- (v. t.) To compel; to force; to necessitate; to oblige.
- (v. t.) To secure by bonds; to chain; to bond or confine; to hold tightly; to constringe.
• Constrainable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being constrained; liable to constraint, or to restraint.
• Constrainedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By constraint or compulsion; in a constrained manner.