• Content Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An expression of assent to a bill or motion; an affirmative vote; also, a member who votes "Content.".
- (a.) To satisfy the desires of; to make easy in any situation; to appease or quiet; to gratify; to please.
- (n.) That which is contained; the thing or things held by a receptacle or included within specified limits; as, the contents of a cask or bale or of a room; the contents of a book.
- (a.) To satisfy the expectations of; to pay; to requite.
- (n.) Area or quantity of space or matter contained within certain limits; as, solid contents; superficial contents.
- (n.) Power of containing; capacity; extent; size.
- (a.) Contained within limits; hence, having the desires limited by that which one has; not disposed to repine or grumble; satisfied; contented; at rest.
- (n.) Rest or quietness of the mind in ones present condition; freedom from discontent; satisfaction; contentment; moderate happiness.
- (n.) That which contents or satisfies; that which if attained would make one happy.
- (n.) Acquiescence without examination.
• Contentation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Content; satisfaction.
• Contentment Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The act or process of contenting or satisfying; as, the contentment of avarice is impossible.
- (v. t.) The state of being contented or satisfied; content.
- (v. t.) Gratification; pleasure; satisfaction.