• Continuance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The adjournment of the proceedings in a cause from one day, or from one stated term of a court, to another.
- (n.) A holding on, or remaining in a particular state; permanence, as of condition, habits, abode, etc.; perseverance; constancy; duration; stay.
- (n.) A holding together; continuity.
- (n.) The entry of such adjournment and the grounds thereof on the record.
- (n.) Uninterrupted succession; continuation; constant renewal; perpetuation; propagation.