• Contribution Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is contributed; -- either the portion which an individual furnishes to the common stock, or the whole which is formed by the gifts of individuals.
- (n.) The act of contributing.
- (n.) An irregular and arbitrary imposition or tax leved on the people of a town or country.
- (n.) Payment, by each of several jointly liable, of a share in a loss suffered or an amount paid by one of their number for the common benefit.
• Contribution plan Definition & Synonyms
- () A plan of distributing surplus by giving to each policy the excess of premiums and interest earned thereon over the expenses of management, cost of insurance, and the policy value at the date of computation. This excess is called the contribution of the policy.