• Conversed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Converse
• Converse Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Familiar discourse; free interchange of thoughts or views; conversation; chat.
- (a.) Turned about; reversed in order or relation; reciprocal; as, a converse proposition.
- (n.) A proposition in which, after a conclusion from something supposed has been drawn, the order is inverted, making the conclusion the supposition or premises, what was first supposed becoming now the conclusion or inference. Thus, if two sides of a sides of a triangle are equal, the angles opposite the sides are equal; and the converse is true, i.e., if these angles are equal, the two sides are equal.
- (v. i.) To engage in familiar colloquy; to interchange thoughts and opinions in a free, informal manner; to chat; -- followed by with before a person; by on, about, concerning, etc., before a thing.
- (n.) A proposition which arises from interchanging the terms of another, as by putting the predicate for the subject, and the subject for the predicate; as, no virtue is vice, no vice is virtue.
- (v. i.) To keep company; to hold intimate intercourse; to commune; -- followed by with.
- (v. i.) To have knowledge of, from long intercourse or study; -- said of things.
- (n.) Frequent intercourse; familiar communion; intimate association.