• Conversion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A spiritual and moral change attending a change of belief with conviction; a change of heart; a change from the service of the world to the service of God; a change of the ruling disposition of the soul, involving a transformation of the outward life.
- (n.) A change or reduction of the form or value of a proposition; as, the conversion of equations; the conversion of proportions.
- (n.) A change of front, as a body of troops attacked in the flank.
- (n.) The act of changing ones views or course, as in passing from one side, party, or from of religion to another; also, the state of being so changed.
- (n.) An appropriation of, and dealing with the property of another as if it were ones own, without right; as, the conversion of a horse.
- (n.) A change of character or use, as of smoothbore guns into rifles.
- (n.) The act of turning or changing from one state or condition to another, or the state of being changed; transmutation; change.
- (n.) The act of interchanging the terms of a proposition, as by putting the subject in the place of the predicate, or the contrary.