• Convey Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To accompany; to convoy.
- (v. t.) To carry from one place to another; to bear or transport.
- (v. t.) To manage with privacy; to carry out.
- (v. t.) To transfer or deliver to another; to make over, as property; more strictly (Law), to transfer (real estate) or pass (a title to real estate) by a sealed writing.
- (v. i.) To play the thief; to steal.
- (v. t.) To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve.
- (v. t.) To cause to pass from one place or person to another; to serve as a medium in carrying (anything) from one place or person to another; to transmit; as, air conveys sound; words convey ideas.
- (v. t.) To impart or communicate; as, to convey an impression; to convey information.
• Conveyancer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One whose business is to draw up conveyances of property, as deeds, mortgages, leases, etc.
• Conveyancing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The business of a conveyancer; the act or business of drawing deeds, leases, or other writings, for transferring the title to property from one person to another.