• Conveyancing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The business of a conveyancer; the act or business of drawing deeds, leases, or other writings, for transferring the title to property from one person to another.
• Conveyance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act by which the title to property, esp. real estate, is transferred; transfer of ownership; an instrument in writing (as a deed or mortgage), by which the title to property is conveyed from one person to another.
- (n.) The act of conveying, carrying, or transporting; carriage.
- (n.) Dishonest management, or artifice.
- (n.) The act or process of transferring, transmitting, handing down, or communicating; transmission.
- (n.) The instrument or means of carrying or transporting anything from place to place; the vehicle in which, or means by which, anything is carried from one place to another; as, stagecoaches, omnibuses, etc., are conveyances; a canal or aqueduct is a conveyance for water.