• Convicted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Convict
• Convict Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To prove or find guilty of an offense or crime charged; to pronounce guilty, as by legal decision, or by ones conscience.
- (n.) A criminal sentenced to penal servitude.
- (p.a.) Proved or found guilty; convicted.
- (v. t.) To demonstrate by proof or evidence; to prove.
- (v. t.) To defeat; to doom to destruction.
- (v. t.) To prove or show to be false; to confute; to refute.
- (n.) A person proved guilty of a crime alleged against him; one legally convicted or sentenced to punishment for some crime.