• Coop Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To confine in a coop; hence, to shut up or confine in a narrow compass; to cramp; -- usually followed by up, sometimes by in.
- (n.) A barrel or cask for liquor.
- (v. t.) To work upon in the manner of a cooper.
- (n.) An inclosure for keeping small animals; a pen; especially, a grated box for confining poultry.
- (n.) A cart made close with boards; a tumbrel.
• Cooperage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A place where coopers work is done.
- (n.) Work done by a cooper.
- (n.) The price paid for coopers; work.