• Coordinating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Coordinate
• Coordinate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A thing of the same rank with another thing; one two or more persons or things of equal rank, authority, or importance.
- (v. t.) To give a common action, movement, or condition to; to regulate and combine so as to produce harmonious action; to adjust; to harmonize; as, to coordinate muscular movements.
- (a.) Equal in rank or order; not subordinate.
- (n.) Lines, or other elements of reference, by means of which the position of any point, as of a curve, is defined with respect to certain fixed lines, or planes, called coordinate axes and coordinate planes. See Abscissa.
- (v. t.) To make coordinate; to put in the same order or rank; as, to coordinate ideas in classification.