• Cop Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tube or quill upon which silk is wound.
- (n.) Same as Merlon.
- (n.) A conical or conical-ended mass of coiled thread, yarn, or roving, wound upon a spindle, etc.
- (n.) The top of a thing; the head; a crest.
- (n.) A policeman.
• Copyist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A copier; a transcriber; an imitator; a plagiarist.
• Copaiva Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A more or less viscid, yellowish liquid, the bitter oleoresin of several species of Copaifera, a genus of trees growing in South America and the West Indies. It is stimulant and diuretic, and is much used in affections of the mucous membranes; -- called also balsam of copaiba.