• Copy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An individual book, or a single set of books containing the works of an author; as, a copy of the Bible; a copy of the works of Addison.
- (n.) That which is to be imitated, transcribed, or reproduced; a pattern, model, or example; as, his virtues are an excellent copy for imitation.
- (n.) An abundance or plenty of anything.
- (v. i.) To yield a duplicate or transcript; as, the letter did not copy well.
- (n.) To imitate; to attempt to resemble, as in manners or course of life.
- (n.) Manuscript or printed matter to be set up in type; as, the printers are calling for more copy.
- (n.) A writing paper of a particular size. Same as Bastard. See under Paper.
- (v. i.) To make a copy or copies; to imitate.
- (n.) Copyhold; tenure; lease.
- (n.) An imitation, transcript, or reproduction of an original work; as, a copy of a letter, an engraving, a painting, or a statue.
- (n.) To make a copy or copies of; to write; print, engrave, or paint after an original; to duplicate; to reproduce; to transcribe; as, to copy a manuscript, inscription, design, painting, etc.; -- often with out, sometimes with off.
• Copyist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A copier; a transcriber; an imitator; a plagiarist.
• Copyright Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The right of an author or his assignee, under statute, to print and publish his literary or artistic work, exclusively of all other persons. This right may be had in maps, charts, engravings, plays, and musical compositions, as well as in books.
- (v. t.) To secure a copyright on.