• Corb Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An ornament in a building; a corbel.
- (n.) A basket used in coal mines, etc. see Corf.
• Corbel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bracket supporting a superincumbent object, or receiving the spring of an arch. Corbels were employed largely in Gothic architecture.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a corbel or corbels; to support by a corbel; to make in the form of a corbel.
• Corbel-table Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A horizontal row of corbels, with the panels or filling between them; also, less properly used to include the stringcourse on them.