• Corning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Corn
• Corn Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To feed with corn or (in Sctland) oats; as, to corn horses.
- (n.) A single seed of certain plants, as wheat, rye, barley, and maize; a grain.
- (n.) A thickening of the epidermis at some point, esp. on the toes, by friction or pressure. It is usually painful and troublesome.
- (v. t.) To render intoxicated; as, ale strong enough to corn one.
- (n.) The plants which produce corn, when growing in the field; the stalks and ears, or the stalks, ears, and seeds, after reaping and before thrashing.
- (n.) A small, hard particle; a grain.
- (n.) The various farinaceous grains of the cereal grasses used for food, as wheat, rye, barley, maize, oats.
- (v. t.) To form into small grains; to granulate; as, to corn gunpowder.
- (v. t.) To preserve and season with salt in grains; to sprinkle with salt; to cure by salting; now, specifically, to salt slightly in brine or otherwise; as, to corn beef; to corn a tongue.