• Correction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of correcting, or making that right which was wrong; change for the better; amendment; rectification, as of an erroneous statement.
- (n.) An allowance made for inaccuracy in an instrument; as, chronometer correction; compass correction.
- (n.) That which is substituted in the place of what is wrong; an emendation; as, the corrections on a proof sheet should be set in the margin.
- (n.) The act of reproving or punishing, or that which is intended to rectify or to cure faults; punishment; discipline; chastisement.
- (n.) Abatement of noxious qualities; the counteraction of what is inconvenient or hurtful in its effects; as, the correction of acidity in the stomach.
• Correctional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending to, or intended for, correction; used for correction; as, a correctional institution.