• Counterbalancing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Counterbalance
• Counterbalance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A counterpoise to balance the weight of anything, as of a drawbridge or a scale beam.
- (v. t.) To oppose with an equal weight or power; to counteract the power or effect of; to countervail; to equiponderate; to balance.
- (n.) A weight, power, or agency, acting against or balancing another
- (n.) A mass of metal in one side of a driving wheel or fly wheel, to balance the weight of a crank pin, etc., on the opposite side of the wheel