• Countermand Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To revoke (a former command); to cancel or rescind by giving an order contrary to one previously given; as, to countermand an order for goods.
- (n.) A contrary order; revocation of a former order or command.
- (v. t.) To prohibit; to forbid.
- (v. t.) To oppose; to revoke the command of.
• Counterman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A man who attends at the counter of a shop to sell goods.
• Countermandable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being countermanded; revocable.