• Couple Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) One of the pairs of plates of two metals which compose a voltaic battery; -- called a voltaic couple or galvanic couple.
- (a.) See Couple-close.
- (v. i.) To come together as male and female; to copulate.
- (a.) Two rotations, movements, etc., which are equal in amount but opposite in direction, and acting along parallel lines or around parallel axes.
- (a.) A male and female associated together; esp., a man and woman who are married or betrothed.
- (v.) To link or tie, as one thing to another; to connect or fasten together; to join.
- (a.) That which joins or links two things together; a bond or tie; a coupler.
- (a.) Two of the same kind connected or considered together; a pair; a brace.
- (v.) To join in wedlock; to marry.
• Couple-closes Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Couple-close
• Coupled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Couple