• Coy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Quiet; still.
- (v. t.) To allure; to entice; to decoy.
- (v. t.) To caress with the hand; to stroke.
- (a.) Shrinking from approach or familiarity; reserved; bashful; shy; modest; -- usually applied to women, sometimes with an implication of coquetry.
- (v. i.) To behave with reserve or coyness; to shrink from approach or familiarity.
- (v. i.) To make difficulty; to be unwilling.
- (a.) Soft; gentle; hesitating.
• Coyness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being coy; feigned o/ bashful unwillingness to become familiar; reserve.
• Coyish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Somewhat coy or reserved.