• Crackling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The making of small, sharp cracks or reports, frequently repeated.
- (n.) The well-browned, crisp rind of roasted pork.
- (n.) Food for dogs, made from the refuse of tallow melting.
• Crackle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make slight cracks; to make small, sharp, sudden noises, rapidly or frequently repeated; to crepitate; as, burning thorns crackle.
- (n.) The noise of slight and frequent cracks or reports; a crackling.
- (n.) A condition produced in certain porcelain, fine earthenware, or glass, in which the glaze or enamel appears to be cracked in all directions, making a sort of reticulated surface; as, Chinese crackle; Bohemian crackle.
- (n.) A kind of crackling sound or r/le, heard in some abnormal states of the lungs; as, dry crackle; moist crackle.