• Cramping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cramp
• Cramp Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Cramp iron
- (v. t.) to bind together; to unite.
- (v. t.) To fasten or hold with, or as with, a cramp.
- (n.) A rectangular frame, with a tightening screw, used for compressing the joints of framework, etc.
- (n.) A piece of wood having a curve corresponding to that of the upper part of the instep, on which the upper leather of a boot is stretched to give it the requisite shape.
- (n.) A device, usually of iron bent at the ends, used to hold together blocks of stone, timbers, etc.; a cramp iron.
- (v. t.) To compress; to restrain from free action; to confine and contract; to hinder.
- (v. t.) To form on a cramp; as, to cramp boot legs.
- (n.) That which confines or contracts; a restraint; a shackle; a hindrance.
- (n.) Knotty; difficult.
- (n.) A spasmodic and painful involuntary contraction of a muscle or muscles, as of the leg.
- (v. t.) To afflict with cramp.
- (n.) A paralysis of certain muscles due to excessive use; as, writers cramp; milkers cramp, etc.