• Crawling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Crawl
• Crawl Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) to move or advance in a feeble, slow, or timorous manner.
- (n.) The act or motion of crawling; slow motion, as of a creeping animal.
- (v. i.) To have a sensation as of insect creeping over the body; as, the flesh crawls. See Creep, v. i., 7.
- (v. i.) To move slowly by drawing the body along the ground, as a worm; to move slowly on hands and knees; to creep.
- (n.) A pen or inclosure of stakes and hurdles on the seacoast, for holding fish.
- (v. i.) To advance slowly and furtively; to insinuate ones self; to advance or gain influence by servile or obsequious conduct.