• Creeper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of patten mounted on short pieces of iron instead of rings; also, a fixture with iron points worn on a shoe to prevent one from slipping.
- (n.) One who, or that which, creeps; any creeping thing.
- (n.) An instrument with iron hooks or claws for dragging at the bottom of a well, or any other body of water, and bringing up what may lie there.
- (n.) A plant that clings by rootlets, or by tendrils, to the ground, or to trees, etc.; as, the Virginia creeper (Ampelopsis quinquefolia).
- (n.) A small bird of the genus Certhia, allied to the wrens. The brown or common European creeper is C. familiaris, a variety of which (var. Americana) inhabits America; -- called also tree creeper and creeptree. The American black and white creeper is Mniotilta varia.
- (n.) Any device for causing material to move steadily from one part of a machine to another, as an apron in a carding machine, or an inner spiral in a grain screen.
- (n.) A small, low iron, or dog, between the andirons.
- (n.) Crockets. See Crocket.
- (n.) A spurlike device strapped to the boot, which enables one to climb a tree or pole; -- called often telegraph creepers.