• Crib Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A manger or rack; a feeding place for animals.
- (n.) A small inclosed bedstead or cot for a child.
- (n.) A hovel; a hut; a cottage.
- (n.) A small raft of timber.
- (n.) A stall for oxen or other cattle.
- (n.) The discarded cards which the dealer can use in scoring points in cribbage.
- (v. i.) To crowd together, or to be confined, as in a crib or in narrow accommodations.
- (n.) A structure of logs to be anchored with stones; -- used for docks, pier, dams, etc.
- (v. i.) To seize the manger or other solid object with the teeth and draw in wind; -- said of a horse.
- (n.) A miners luncheon.
- (n.) A small theft; anything purloined;; a plagiaris/; hence, a translation or key, etc., to aid a student in preparing or reciting his lessons.
- (v. t.) To pilfer or purloin; hence, to steal from an author; to appropriate; to plagiarize; as, to crib a line from Milton.
- (v. i.) To make notes for dishonest use in recitation or examination.
- (n.) A structure or frame of timber for a foundation, or for supporting a roof, or for lining a shaft.
- (v. t.) To shut up or confine in a narrow habitation; to cage; to cramp.
- (n.) A box or bin, or similar wooden structure, for storing grain, salt, etc.; as, a crib for corn or oats.
• Cribble Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to pass through a sieve or riddle; to sift.
- (n.) Coarse flour or meal.
- (n.) A coarse sieve or screen.
- (a.) Coarse; as, cribble bread.