• Crisp Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Lively; sparking; effervescing.
- (a.) Curling in stiff curls or ringlets; as, crisp hair.
- (a.) Brisk; crackling; cheerful; lively.
- (n.) That which is crisp or brittle; the state of being crisp or brittle; as, burned to a crisp; specifically, the rind of roasted pork; crackling.
- (a.) Brittle; friable; in a condition to break with a short, sharp fracture; as, crisp snow.
- (a.) To make crisp or brittle, as in cooking.
- (a.) Possessing a certain degree of firmness and freshness; in a fresh, unwilted condition.
- (a.) To curl; to form into ringlets, as hair, or the nap of cloth; to interweave, as the branches of trees.
- (v. i.) To undulate or ripple. Cf. Crisp, v. t.
- (a.) Curled with the ripple of the water.
- (a.) To cause to undulate irregularly, as crape or water; to wrinkle; to cause to ripple. Cf. Crimp.
• Crispation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of curling, or the state of being curled.
- (n.) A very slight convulsive or spasmodic contraction of certain muscles, external or internal.
• Crispy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Formed into short, close ringlets; frizzed; crisp; as, crispy locks.
- (a.) Crisp; brittle; as, a crispy pie crust.