• Critical Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Inclined to criticise or find fault; fastidious; captious; censorious; exacting.
- (n.) Qualified to criticise, or pass judgment upon, literary or artistic productions.
- (n.) Pertaining to criticism or the critics art; of the nature of a criticism; accurate; as, critical knowledge; a critical dissertation.
- (n.) Pertaining to, or indicating, a crisis, turning point, or specially important juncture; important as regards consequences; hence, of doubtful issue; attended with risk; dangerous; as, the critical stage of a fever; a critical situation.
- (n.) Characterized by thoroughness and a reference to principles, as becomes a critic; as, a critical analysis of a subject.
- (n.) Inclined to make nice distinctions, or to exercise careful judgment and selection; exact; nicely judicious.
• Criticalness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Accuracy in examination or decision; exactness.
- (n.) The state or quality of being critical, or of occurring at a critical time.