• Crooked Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Characterized by a crook or curve; not straight; turning; bent; twisted; deformed.
- (a.) False; dishonest; fraudulent; as, crooked dealings.
- (a.) Not straightforward; deviating from rectitude; distorted from the right.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Crook
• Crook Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bishops staff of office. Cf. Pastoral staff.
- (n.) To turn from a straight line; to bend; to curve.
- (n.) A person given to fraudulent practices; an accomplice of thieves, forgers, etc.
- (n.) An artifice; trick; tricky device; subterfuge.
- (n.) A small tube, usually curved, applied to a trumpet, horn, etc., to change its pitch or key.
- (n.) The staff used by a shepherd, the hook of which serves to hold a runaway sheep.
- (n.) Any implement having a bent or crooked end.
- (n.) To turn from the path of rectitude; to pervert; to misapply; to twist.
- (n.) A bend, turn, or curve; curvature; flexure.
- (n.) A pothook.
- (v. i.) To bend; to curve; to wind; to have a curvature.
• Crookedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The condition or quality of being crooked; hence, deformity of body or of mind; deviation from moral rectitude; perverseness.
• Crookedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a curved or crooked manner; in a perverse or untoward manner.