• Crotched Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Cross; peevish.
- (a.) Having a crotch; forked.
- (a.) Lying within a crotch; -- said of the object balls in the three-ball carom game whenever the centers of both lie within a 4/-inch square at a corner of the table, in which case but three counts are allowed unless one or both balls be forced out of the crotch.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Crotch
• Crotch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stanchion or post of wood or iron, with two arms for supporting a boom, spare yards, etc.; -- called also crane and crutch.
- (n.) The angle formed by the parting of two legs or branches; a fork; the point where a trunk divides; as, the crotch of a tree.
- (v. t.) To provide with a crotch; to give the form of a crotch to; as, to crotch the ends of ropes in splicing or tying knots.
- (n.) In the three-ball carom game, a small space at each corner of the table. See Crotched, below.
- (v. t.) To notch (a log) on opposite sides to provide a grip for the dogs in hauling.