• Crotches Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Crotch
• Crotch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stanchion or post of wood or iron, with two arms for supporting a boom, spare yards, etc.; -- called also crane and crutch.
- (n.) The angle formed by the parting of two legs or branches; a fork; the point where a trunk divides; as, the crotch of a tree.
- (v. t.) To provide with a crotch; to give the form of a crotch to; as, to crotch the ends of ropes in splicing or tying knots.
- (n.) In the three-ball carom game, a small space at each corner of the table. See Crotched, below.
- (v. t.) To notch (a log) on opposite sides to provide a grip for the dogs in hauling.