• Croup Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An inflammatory affection of the larynx or trachea, accompanied by a hoarse, ringing cough and stridulous, difficult breathing; esp., such an affection when associated with the development of a false membrane in the air passages (also called membranous croup). See False croup, under False, and Diphtheria.
- (n.) The hinder part or buttocks of certain quadrupeds, especially of a horse; hence, the place behind the saddle.
• Croupy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to croup; resembling or indicating croup; as, a croupy cough.
• Croupade Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A leap in which the horse pulls up his hind legs toward his belly.