• Crowding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Crowd
• Crowd Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A number of persons congregated or collected into a close body without order; a throng.
- (v. t.) To fill by pressing or thronging together; hence, to encumber by excess of numbers or quantity.
- (v. t.) The lower orders of people; the populace; the vulgar; the rabble; the mob.
- (v. i.) To urge or press forward; to force ones self; as, a man crowds into a room.
- (v. t.) To press by solicitation; to urge; to dun; hence, to treat discourteously or unreasonably.
- (v. t.) To play on a crowd; to fiddle.
- (v. i.) To press together or collect in numbers; to swarm; to throng.
- (v. t.) To push, to press, to shove.
- (v. t.) A number of things collected or closely pressed together; also, a number of things adjacent to each other.
- (v. t.) To press or drive together; to mass together.
- (n.) An ancient instrument of music with six strings; a kind of violin, being the oldest known stringed instrument played with a bow.