• Crowed Definition & Synonyms
- () of Crow
- (p. p.) of Crow
• Crow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) A bar of iron with a beak, crook, or claw; a bar of iron used as a lever; a crowbar.
- (v. i.) To shout in exultation or defiance; to brag.
- (v. i.) The cry of the cock. See Crow, v. i., 1.
- (v. i.) To make the shrill sound characteristic of a cock, either in joy, gayety, or defiance.
- (v. i.) The mesentery of a beast; -- so called by butchers.
- (v. i.) To utter a sound expressive of joy or pleasure.
- (v. i.) A bird, usually black, of the genus Corvus, having a strong conical beak, with projecting bristles. It has a harsh, croaking note. See Caw.