• Crust Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To cover with a crust; to cover or line with an incrustation; to incrust.
- (n.) An incrustation on the interior of wine bottles, the result of the ripening of the wine; a deposit of tartar, etc. See Beeswing.
- (n.) The cover or case of a pie, in distinction from the soft contents.
- (n.) The dough, or mass of doughy paste, cooked with a potpie; -- also called dumpling.
- (n.) The exterior portion of the earth, formerly universally supposed to inclose a molten interior.
- (n.) The hard external coat or covering of anything; the hard exterior surface or outer shell; an incrustation; as, a crust of snow.
- (v. i.) To gather or contract into a hard crust; to become incrusted.
- (n.) A hard mass, made up of dried secretions blood, or pus, occurring upon the surface of the body.
- (n.) The shell of crabs, lobsters, etc.
- (n.) The hard exterior or surface of bread, in distinction from the soft part or crumb; or a piece of bread grown dry or hard.
• Crustaceousness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being crustaceous or having a crustlike shell.
• Crustal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Relating to a crust.