• Cuffing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cuff
• Cuff Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To fight; to scuffle; to box.
- (v. t.) To strike; esp., to smite with the palm or flat of the hand; to slap.
- (n.) A blow; esp.,, a blow with the open hand; a box; a slap.
- (v. t.) To buffet.
- (n.) Any ornamental appendage at the wrist, whether attached to the sleeve of the garment or separate; especially, in modern times, such an appendage of starched linen, or a substitute for it of paper, or the like.
- (n.) The fold at the end of a sleeve; the part of a sleeve turned back from the hand.