• Currencies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Currency
• Currency Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Current value; general estimation; the rate at which anything is generally valued.
- (n.) That which is in circulation, or is given and taken as having or representing value; as, the currency of a country; a specie currency; esp., government or bank notes circulating as a substitute for metallic money.
- (n.) Fluency; readiness of utterance.
- (n.) A continued or uninterrupted course or flow like that of a stream; as, the currency of time.
- (n.) The state or quality of being current; general acceptance or reception; a passing from person to person, or from hand to hand; circulation; as, a report has had a long or general currency; the currency of bank notes.