• Cursing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Curse
• Curse Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring great evil upon; to be the cause of serious harm or unhappiness to; to furnish with that which will be a cause of deep trouble; to afflict or injure grievously; to harass or torment.
- (v. i.) To utter imprecations or curses; to affirm or deny with imprecations; to swear.
- (v. t.) The cause of great harm, evil, or misfortune; that which brings evil or severe affliction; torment.
- (v. t.) An invocation of, or prayer for, harm or injury; malediction.
- (v. t.) To call upon divine or supernatural power to send injury upon; to imprecate evil upon; to execrate.
- (v. t.) Evil pronounced or invoked upon another, solemnly, or in passion; subjection to, or sentence of, divine condemnation.