• Curtained Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Curtain
• Curtain Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A flag; an ensign; -- in contempt.
- (n.) A hanging screen intended to darken or conceal, and admitting of being drawn back or up, and reclosed at pleasure; esp., drapery of cloth or lace hanging round a bed or at a window; in theaters, and like places, a movable screen for concealing the stage.
- (n.) That part of the rampart and parapet which is between two bastions or two gates. See Illustrations of Ravelin and Bastion.
- (n.) That part of a wall of a building which is between two pavilions, towers, etc.
- (v. t.) To inclose as with curtains; to furnish with curtains.