• Cutting Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Chilling; penetrating; sharp; as, a cutting wind.
- (n.) The act or process of making an incision, or of severing, felling, shaping, etc.
- (a.) Adapted to cut; as, a cutting tool.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cut
- (n.) Something cut, cut off, or cut out, as a twig or scion cut off from a stock for the purpose of grafting or of rooting as an independent plant; something cut out of a newspaper; an excavation cut through a hill or elsewhere to make a way for a railroad, canal, etc.; a cut.
- (a.) Severe; sarcastic; biting; as, a cutting reply.
• Cuttingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a cutting manner.