• Cynical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the qualities of a surly dog; snarling; captious; currish.
- (a.) Pertaining to the Dog Star; as, the cynic, or Sothic, year; cynic cycle.
- (a.) Belonging to the sect of philosophers called cynics; having the qualities of a cynic; pertaining to, or resembling, the doctrines of the cynics.
- (a.) Given to sneering at rectitude and the conduct of life by moral principles; disbelieving in the reality of any human purposes which are not suggested or directed by self-interest or self-indulgence; as, a cynical man who scoffs at pretensions of integrity; characterized by such opinions; as, cynical views of human nature.
• Cynically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a cynical manner.
• Cynicalness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being cynical.