• Dame Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mistress of a family, who is a lady; a woman in authority; especially, a lady.
- (n.) The mistress of a family in common life, or the mistress of a common school; as, a dames school.
- (n.) A woman in general, esp. an elderly woman.
- (n.) A mother; -- applied to human beings and quadrupeds.
• Damewort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cruciferrous plant (Hesperis matronalis), remarkable for its fragrance, especially toward the close of the day; -- called also rocket and dames violet.