• Darting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dart
• Dart Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To throw suddenly or rapidly; to send forth; to emit; to shoot; as, the sun darts forth his beams.
- (n.) Anything resembling a dart; anything that pierces or wounds like a dart.
- (n.) A pointed missile weapon, intended to be thrown by the hand; a short lance; a javelin; hence, any sharp-pointed missile weapon, as an arrow.
- (v. i.) To start and run with velocity; to shoot rapidly along; as, the deer darted from the thicket.
- (n.) A spear set as a prize in running.
- (v. t.) To throw with a sudden effort or thrust, as a dart or other missile weapon; to hurl or launch.
- (n.) A fish; the dace. See Dace.
- (v. i.) To fly or pass swiftly, as a dart.
• Dartingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Like a dart; rapidly.