• Daubing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A rough coat of mortar put upon a wall to give it the appearance of stone; rough-cast.
- (n.) The act of one who daubs; that which is daubed.
- (n.) In currying, a mixture of fish oil and tallow worked into leather; -- called also dubbing.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Daub
• Daub Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To paint in a coarse or unskillful manner.
- (n.) A viscous, sticky application; a spot smeared or dabed; a smear.
- (v. t.) To flatter excessively or glossy.
- (n.) A picture coarsely executed.
- (v. t.) To smear with soft, adhesive matter, as pitch, slime, mud, etc.; to plaster; to bedaub; to besmear.
- (v. i.) To smear; to play the flatterer.
- (v. t.) To cover with a specious or deceitful exterior; to disguise; to conceal.
- (v. t.) To put on without taste; to deck gaudily.