• Day Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) (Preceded by the) Some day in particular, as some day of contest, some anniversary, etc.
- (n.) The time of light, or interval between one night and the next; the time between sunrise and sunset, or from dawn to darkness; hence, the light; sunshine.
- (n.) The period of the earths revolution on its axis. -- ordinarily divided into twenty-four hours. It is measured by the interval between two successive transits of a celestial body over the same meridian, and takes a specific name from that of the body. Thus, if this is the sun, the day (the interval between two successive transits of the suns center over the same meridian) is called a solar day; if it is a star, a sidereal day; if it is the moon, a lunar day. See Civil day, Sidereal day, below.
- (n.) A specified time or period; time, considered with reference to the existence or prominence of a person or thing; age; time.
- (n.) Those hours, or the daily recurring period, allotted by usage or law for work.
• Daydream Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vain fancy speculation; a reverie; a castle in the air; unfounded hope.
• Daydreamer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One given to daydreams.