• Deal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An arrangement to attain a desired result by a combination of interested parties; -- applied to stock speculations and political bargains.
- (v. i.) To contend (with); to treat (with), by way of opposition, check, or correction; as, he has turbulent passions to deal with.
- (v. i.) To conduct ones self; to behave or act in any affair or towards any one; to treat.
- (n.) The process of dealing cards to the players; also, the portion disturbed.
- (n.) Distribution; apportionment.
- (n.) Specifically: To distribute, as cards, to the players at the commencement of a game; as, to deal the cards; to deal one a jack.
- (v. i.) To do a distributing or retailing business, as distinguished from that of a manufacturer or producer; to traffic; to trade; to do business; as, he deals in flour.
- (v. i.) To act as an intermediary in business or any affairs; to manage; to make arrangements; -- followed by between or with.
- (n.) Wood of the pine or fir; as, a floor of deal.
- (n.) A part or portion; a share; hence, an indefinite quantity, degree, or extent, degree, or extent; as, a deal of time and trouble; a deal of cold.
- (v. i.) To make distribution; to share out in portions, as cards to the players.
- (n.) To divide; to separate in portions; hence, to give in portions; to distribute; to bestow successively; -- sometimes with out.
- (n.) The division of a piece of timber made by sawing; a board or plank; particularly, a board or plank of fir or pine above seven inches in width, and exceeding six feet in length. If narrower than this, it is called a batten; if shorter, a deal end.
• Dealt Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Deal
• Dealth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Share dealt.