• Declaim Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To speak rhetorically; to make a formal speech or oration; to harangue; specifically, to recite a speech, poem, etc., in public as a rhetorical exercise; to practice public speaking; as, the students declaim twice a week.
- (v. i.) To speak for rhetorical display; to speak pompously, noisily, or theatrically; to make an empty speech; to rehearse trite arguments in debate; to rant.
- (v. t.) To utter in public; to deliver in a rhetorical or set manner.
- (v. t.) To defend by declamation; to advocate loudly.
• Declaimant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A declaimer.