• Decussate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cross at an acute angle; to cut or divide in the form of X; to intersect; -- said of lines in geometrical figures, rays of light, nerves, etc.
- (a.) Alt. of Decussated
• Decussated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Crossed; intersected.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Decussate
- (a.) Consisting of two rising and two falling clauses, placed in alternate opposition to each other; as, a decussated period.
- (a.) Growing in pairs, each of which is at right angles to the next pair above or below; as, decussated leaves or branches.
• Decussately Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a decussate manner.