• Deduct Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lead forth or out.
- (v. t.) To take away, separate, or remove, in numbering, estimating, or calculating; to subtract; -- often with from or out of.
- (v. t.) To reduce; to diminish.
• Deduction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is deduced or drawn from premises by a process of reasoning; an inference; a conclusion.
- (n.) That which is deducted; the part taken away; abatement; as, a deduction from the yearly rent.
- (n.) Act of deducting or taking away; subtraction; as, the deduction of the subtrahend from the minuend.
- (n.) Act or process of deducing or inferring.