• Defence Definition & Synonyms
- (n. & v. t.) See Defense.
- (n.) The defendants answer or plea; an opposing or denial of the truth or validity of the plaintiffs or prosecutors case; the method of proceeding adopted by the defendant to protect himself against the plaintiffs action.
- (n.) That which defends or protects; anything employed to oppose attack, ward off violence or danger, or maintain security; a guard; a protection.
- (n.) Protecting plea; vindication; justification.
- (n.) Act or skill in making defense; defensive plan or policy; practice in self defense, as in fencing, boxing, etc.
- (n.) Prohibition; a prohibitory ordinance.
- (n.) The act of defending, or the state of being defended; protection, as from violence or danger.