• Defer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put off; to postpone to a future time; to delay the execution of; to delay; to withhold.
- (v. i.) To put off; to delay to act; to wait.
- (v. t.) To lay before; to submit in a respectful manner; to refer; -- with to.
- (v. t.) To render or offer.
- (v. i.) To yield deference to the wishes of another; to submit to the opinion of another, or to authority; -- with to.
• Deferring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Defer
• Deferred Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Defer